For the month of November, a lot of my friends on Facebook have done daily posts of what they’re thankful for. I love the idea of counting your blessings on a daily basis, not just on Thanksgiving. I wanted to participate in the daily Facebook posts, but I procrastinated and now we find ourselves at the end of November. So, I have decided to list all thirty days of thankfulness in one convenient post. I am not sure that you will enjoy reading everything that I feel fortunate to have, but maybe it will remind you that we all have so much to be grateful for.
1. My Salvation: The number one thing that I feel most fortunate to have is the knowledge that my soul is saved because Jesus died on the cross and rose again. It blows my mind that it doesn’t matter what I’ve done or even what I may do, I am 100% forgiven and I don’t have to do anything to deserve it other than accept Jesus as my Savior.
2. Tony: On almost a daily basis I marvel that I am married to such a wonderful man. He is hard-working, caring of others, funny, attractive and has a faith that stretches my own. I am excited that I get to spend the rest of my life with him.
3. Leila: My beautiful first-born has a special place in my heart. I know watching her that she is not only pretty on the outside but also has a lovely spirit. More importantly, Leila has taught me how to be gentle and sensitive to other’s needs.
4. Moriah: While she can be a handful 75% of the time, Moriah brings joy and laughter to my life. She is intelligent, determined and marches to the beat of her own drum. From Moriah, I have learned patience and to never quit.
5. Isabella: My darling baby girl, I can’t imagine my life without her. She is always smiling and always has something to say, even if no one else understands anything she is saying. I am thankful for my Isabella Boo because she has taught me to have an exuberance for life.
6. God’s Provision: Although I do not particularly enjoy living 16 hours from our family, I am thankful for the job opportunity Tony was given in Texas. God gave him that promotion and through that we have been able to enjoy so many nice things.
7. Our Home: One of the luxuries Tony’s job has provided us with is a nice 3 bedroom house with a large yard and our own garage. It isn’t anything super fancy and it isn’t exactly “ours”, yet I am still grateful for the comforts it gives us.
8. My Car: Having a vehicle that works properly and fits three car seats is such an enormous blessing. I know I could manage without, but it is nice that I don’t have to.
9. Football: I don’t know what it is about this sport that I love so much, but I am appreciative that I get to watch my Denver Broncos.
10. Daisy: I haven’t always been a “cat person” per say, but I am still thankful to have Daisy as our pet. She is annoying at times, clawing my carpet and knocking over glasses of water, but I know I would be sad if we lost her. She is my bug hunter, killing our Texas-sized vermin, and my cuddle partner when Tony is out-of-town.
11. My Hearing: I count it as a major blessing that I have the ability to hear Moriah’s laughter, my husband’s voice as he sings in the shower or the sound of rain.
12. My Sight: Without my sight I would not be able to see Isabella light up a room with her smiles or the majesty of a Rocky Mountain sunset, so I won’t ever take it for granted.
13. My Health: Having the energy to chase my kids around, the strength to hold Leila in my arms, not having to worry about them growing up without a Mommy. I thank God for my good health.
14. America: Although it isn’t perfect, I love living in this country. I realize how blessed I am to live in a country where I get to enjoy so many freedoms.
15. Our Military: I do not think I could ever truly express my gratitude for the sacrifice our servicemen and women have made to protect my freedoms. Thank you to all of you who lay down your lives for us.
16. My Past: Although I am not proud of the choices I have made in the past, they have formed me into the person who I am today. I know I could use my past as an excuse to hold me back from being the person God wants me to be, but I’ve realized that what decisions I’ve made can be used as a testimony to bring glory to God. For that reason, I am very thankful for my past.
17. Education: I’m really glad I can read, because it would suck if I couldn’t.
18. A Sense of Humor: I am grateful I have, what I consider, a good sense of humor. Without it, I would go crazy trying to raise my kids. I think it is a positive thing that I can laugh even when my children have been busy wreaking havoc.
19. Indoor Plumbing: Do I need to explain this one?
20. My Parents: God knew exactly what He was doing when He entrusted my parents with my care. They have taught me so much and I am grateful for their generosity, forgiveness and unconditional love. I know without them, I wouldn’t be here. (Literally)
21. My In-Laws: I am thankful for my in-laws because they did such a phenomenal job raising the man I love. Plus, they’re pretty normal people and we get along most of the time. I know that is a rare blessing that I am fortunate to have.
22. Our Marriage: Tony and I haven’t been married very long, but I know that our marriage is one that will last. We’ve built our foundation on Jesus and we have been given multiple tools to maintain a healthy relationship. Sure we have our ups and downs, but at the end of the day we love each other just as much as the day we said “I do”.
23. Food: Outside of my family, food is my favorite. I am very, very thankful that I have the luxury of being picky about what I eat and being able to enjoy things like chicken tacos, artichoke dip and Snickers.
24. Technology: Without Skype, Facebook, and my phone I would probably go insane with homesickness. It isn’t quite the same as being able to see my family in person, but without it I know I would be very lonely.
25. Free Time: Alright, I only get free time when my children are either asleep or when we can afford a babysitter. But when I have that blissful time for myself, I am so grateful that I can spend it doing the things I enjoy like reading, working on my novel, or spending time with Tony.
26. The Bible: It is God’s instruction manual for my life. I know I would be pretty lost without it. His word blesses me every day.
27. Free Enterprise: It is a unique blessing that we enjoy, the ability to create wealth for ourselves through our own business. Personally, Tony and I do this through our Amway business, but I am thankful that everyone has the same opportunity.
28. Clothes: I may not have the latest fashion or name brands, but I have a closet full of clothing to keep me warm and out of jail for indecent exposure.
29. Stars: Whenever I look up at the night sky and see all of those stars, it leaves me breathless, reveling in the magnitude of my God’s awesome power. I am thankful for that reminder, because it gives me hope. If my God has the ability to arrange all of those heavenly bodies, then He has the ability to do something wonderful through me.
30. Morning: I love sleeping in. I really do. But when my alarm goes off, it is a daily reminder to be thankful. Because each day that I wake up to that blaring sound is another day that I am alive. For that, I am so very grateful.
Now that you know what I count as a blessing, what are you thankful for?
Both riches and honor come from You, and You reign over all. In Your hand is power and might; in Your hand it is to make great and to give strength to all. “Now therefore, our God, we thank You and praise Your glorious name.” ~ 1 Chronicles 29:12-13 ~